Strengthening Rule of Law and Human Rights Protection in Moldova
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the rule of law and human rights protection in the Republic of Moldova in-line with international human rights standards, Justice Sector Reform Strategy (2011 – 2016) and its Action Plan, and National Human Rights Action Plan (2011-2014) and mainstreaming human rights based approach, equality, gender issues and inclusion. The project seeks to strengthen the capacities of national actors in specific areas of combating corruption, capacity building of the Constitutional Court and strengthening human rights protection framework and mechanisms with the focus on the tangible and visible results both for the target groups involved and the broader public.
- Strengthening legal framework and knowledge to combat corruption in justice sector
- Enhancing institutional capacities of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Moldova
- Strengthening human rights protection mechanisms
- Guide for investigating cases of corruption for criminal investigators, prosecutors and judges developed;
- Representatives of the National Anti-corruption Centre, Superior Council of Magistrates and General Prosecutor Office trained on the Guide;
- Communication Strategy of Constitutional Court of Moldova elaborated and put into implementation;
- Constitution of the Republic of Moldova translated into Romani, Gaguzian, Ukrainian and Bulgarian languages and printed in Braille;
- Study „Consolidation of the role of the Constitutional Court of Moldova” presented and discussed;
- Capacity of staff of the Constitutional Court of Moldova raised through study visits to Latvia and Lithuania;
- Library of the Constitutional Court of Moldova expanded;
- A feasibility study on the ratification of the Optional Protocol to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities was completed;
- Activities aimed at ratification of the International Covenant on the Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and Optional Protocol to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities organized.