Global Pilot Programme “Mainstreaming Migration into National Development Strategies” (MOMID) Phase 1
The project aims to enable governments involved and their United Nations Country Team (UNCT) partners to develop a context-specific, evidence-based, participatory and holistic approach to Migration and Development (M&D) at the national level.
- Mainstream migration into the national development strategies of the country;
- Establish sustainable institutional mechanisms and participatory processes for promoting coherence on migration;
- Establish UN country teams’ capacities to advice and support national government on migration and human development.
- Moldovan Migrants workers and diaspora associations input was included in the consultations regarding the Post-2015 Agenda;
- Diaspora Relations Bureau within the State Chancellery of the Republic of Moldova was created;
- The subject of Migration was included in the UN-Moldova Partnership Framework (2013-2017);
- Was developed a road map (within the National Migration Maintreaming Proposal) for integrating M&D aspects into design, implementation of Government programmes and policies related to poverty reduction and development;
- Migration/Diaspora focal points were appointed in all ministries and other central public authorities;
- Capacities of UNCT to analyze and advise the Moldovan Governmenrt in the M&D field were assessed and needs for future trainings were outlined.
- A number of studies were published in the field of M&D: the Extended Migration Profile of the Republic of Moldova, Diaspora Mapping and a Study regarding remittances and development etc.
|Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation|