Internships with UNDP Moldova
UNDP provides opportunities for a small group of outstanding university students to undertake an internship at the UNDP office in Moldova. The objective of the Internship Programme is to provide UNDP Moldova with assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields. The Internship Programme provides a compact understanding of UNDP' s development policies, thematic priorities, and technical cooperation activities. Internships are designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation, but also complement other international studies.
UNDP may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- written and spoken proficiency in English. Fluency in Russian and/or Romanian is an asset;
- computer literate in standard software applications;
- demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
- demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- A person who is the child or sibling of an UNDP staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at UNDP. An applicant who bears any other family relationship with a UNDP staff member may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member.
UNDP Moldova does not provide financial support to interns. The costs associated with the internship must be borne by any sponsoring institutions or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and will have to make his/her own arrangements for accommodation, travel, etc.
Health and Medical Insurance:
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must therefore carry adequate and regular medical insurance. Proof of medical coverage/visa must be provided before the internship starts.
Further career opportunities
The purpose of internships is not to lead to further employment with UNDP Moldova but, as mentioned, to complement a student’s studies. Interns wishing to be considered for employment with the UNDP Moldova, even if otherwise fully qualified, are not eligible for consideration for employment during their internship.